Friday, April 25, 2008

My Cars Are Killing Me

Last month, I had to pay $1200 to have my husbands car fixed. It was a big job and he couldn't do it.This month, my transmission went. It is a 1991 Ford Windstar. I had taken over a lease in 92 and bought it when the lease was up. At that time, I took out an extended warranty which is good till 7/08 or 76000 miles (I have 72,000). I was told the other day that the warranty company would not cover it unless I could produce receipts that I had the transmission serviced at 30,000 miles and 60,000 miles. First off, I don't remember if I had this done. I get my oil changes etc done at the local service station who isn't computerized. Secondly, even if I had it done, who keeps car records for years? I wouldn't even know where to look. A new transmission is anywhere from $2600-$3600 (I was looking online). so... Thirdly, how do I pay for this?

No comments: